Daily Archives: 5th July, 2008

Week 6 Status report

Another week has gone by, This weeks mainly been spent on:

  • Optimizing the code
  • Struggling through a weird problem with bbPress Searching, It took some effort, but i eventually worked it out (Stupid mistake on my part!)
  • Cross-browser CSS (IE had/has some issues)

But now i’d like to put a call out for some testers, The API is not hosted on WordPress.org, its hosted on my own server, so i’d prefer not to have heaps of people searching (My hosts MySQL is slow enough as it is). What i’m after is people who are willing to play around with it and make suggestions, If thats you, drop me a line via my contact page and we’ll work something out :)

I’ve updated the patch available at http://wordpress-soc-2008.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/dion/plugin-install.diff but its a bit weird, Some core WordPress commits are showing as code additions, not sure why (Merging must be failing), I’ll have to move it over onto a more clean install ready for 2.7 trunk code (My current aim is for this to start being commited into the 2.7 branch once 2.6 is out in a week or so)

Also, I took a bit of a break this week, As you can see by my pretty new facelift for the site; Long way there, And ran over many bugs on the way here! (..More caching is needed on category get_category_by_*() functions btw… Its accounting for ~6 queries all for the same object atm — I’ll think about writing up some patches soon possibly)