Alright, This is just a heads up for anyone trying to get in touch with me, I’m heading down to Cebit Australia in Sydney tomorrow morning, So I’m not going to be online much most likely.
I’ve also moved this to a new host, I’m not 100% sure of how reliable it is, Hopefully it’ll be reliable enough for the time being. Speed-wise it seems OK, If anyone notices anything (aside from the Wp-cache errors the last few hours – I reset the cache directories security.. oops.) then give me a yell.
Things are changing.. slowly..
- I’m bringing my hosting back to AU, My reasoning? Well.. I wanted to support a australian host, and hope to be able to offer faster services for some other AU-targetted projects.
- A New theme finally. This theme doesnt really allow the kind of interaction i want to give the site, I’m not wanting to just give out small topics, i want to show a few items on the front page.
- More posting.. I need to start writing more content, I’d particually like to start writing some stuff about WordPress, About plugin authoring, How to get started in WordPress Development, How to use this or that, How to make something more efficient.. I dont know
- I’d also like to write about non-wordpressy things too, My thoughts/opinions of things.. stuff i’m interested in, etc..
- I’d really like to get my WordPress plugins updated again.. I think i better aim to get something out for 2.8, maybe make everything MU Compatible too if i get the chance.. now that WP includes some MU compatibility stuff..
Anyway. Hopefully i’ll update this blog before the end of next month.. worst case, I want to have this site in a form that i like by the end of June. As well as getting my other few sites up and running..
Oh, Also, I’ll probably be going to CeBit Australia, Which means a trip to sydney :) Just a FYI for those who matter :P
UPDATE: Oh, also, WTF? Overnight the pageviews spiked up to ~280… according to WP Stats.com …But… the odd part is, it only shows ~20 pageviews of anything specific, surely it cant be mis-reporting that badly? or that many front-page views…. I’ll have to check Google Analytics later on i guess :)
Oh look at that, It seems its CSS Naked Day 09…
Its on again, And theres only a few short hours left to submit student proposals (I think).
This year, I’ve signed up as a Mentor in the WordPress Project. To all students: Good luck, And make me proud.. err… Sure.
Anyway, I’ve seen a few projects in the queue which have been interesting, And of course, A fair few pieces of rubbish (As you may expect).. Will I be mentoring something? We’ll find out when the projects are announced :)
Anyway, Not much to say.. Other than a rainy weekend.. And i’m still looking at options for buying a camera… and phone.. and laptop.. and whatever other tech gadget you can think of.. Many people are surprised to find that I dont have decent of the above items.. No idea why, but hey. :)
So I want a new camera.. Any suggestions?
Currently I’m considering a Canon G10 or Canon SX10IS, Price? Under 600.
I know theres some 2nd hand gear available in the DSLR market, And I might be interested there too, But I’m questioning how much of a learning curve it could be, or alternativly, If I’d really get results that I’d like.. A P & S takes some of that work out of the picture, which makes it a bit easier on the mind..
Oh, a 2nd hand G9 or S5IS was considered too, but 2nd hand they’re going to near, or more, than the newer models on ebay, And i cant seem to see anything ábeing sold on any other site i know of.. So maybe some locations for 2nd-hand gear too?
Seriously, Why do people INSIST on setting trac “version”‘s to the latest stable release? I mean, Seriously?
Ok, Fair enough, The bug exists still, But thats why the milestone is set to a higher number!
I think i’d rather know that the bug is a problem in 2.5 and up (version == 2.5, milestone == 2.9) than that its possible 2.7.1+ (version == 2.7.1, milestone == 2.9)