The results were released the other day for Google’s Summer of Code (Or Winter for those of us in the Southern hemisphere), And as you’ve probably guessed from the title of this post, I’ve been selected.
MyÂ selectedÂ suggestionÂ isÂ forÂ aÂ Plugin/ThemeÂ updateÂ pluginÂ forÂ WordPress,Â Â In a nutshell, Its a Plugin which:
- Â Allow Notification of Plugin/Theme updates
- Allow searching of Open source repositories
- Allow single-Click install of Plugins/Themes
- Allow Plugins/Themes to be updated from within the Control panel
- Check Requirements for Plugins/Themes before installing
Over the last few weeks i’ve been working on a few parts of my proposal in my spare time, and thought i might share some of my initial screenshots:
CurrentlyÂ thereÂ areÂ noÂ publicÂ builds,Â orÂ anyÂ publicÂ codeÂ available.Â IÂ expectÂ i’llÂ releaseÂ somethingÂ closerÂ toÂ theÂ startÂ date (28thÂ May)Â .
CongratulationsÂ toÂ allÂ thoseÂ accepted,Â ThanksÂ Google(AndÂ WordPress!)Â forÂ theÂ opportunity, And thank you mentors for giving up some time to help the students :)