First of all, I’ve got to start writing the Weekly reports at the start of the week and filling in the details as it happens.. Remembering whats happened the last week is a PITA.
- Seeked feedback on the UI’s, Mixed response, But a good few responses
- Installed bbPress and started writing up an API
Btw: Whats faster?
- A Query to get the bbPress topics, and then a query to load the first post of each(to get the post_text)
- A single query with a join to grab the post_text along with the topics?
EXPLAIN SELECT… doesnt show any significant difference. And looking at the ms times with my *really* small data set (11 posts) there does not appear to be much of a difference at all.
*EDIT*: 2 Queries are taking ~ 0.0015s (Told you it was a small result set..), A join query is taking 0.0036s usually, However keeps spiking up to 0.0080s, My guess is that 2 queries are going to scale better.
- Some backend work done on some installer code
- Experimented with the layouts of the Plugin listing (search results mainly)