Revision Control 2.0 is nearly here.
A quick list of changes:
- Fully rewritten from scratch, Will require WordPress 2.9+
- Better support for custom post types (Will make much more sense with 3.0!)
- Support for Revisioning of Taxonomy data ( Doesnt restore at present, Mearly revisions it)
- Many small bugs removed from previous versions
Features in the pipeline (2.1?)
- Restoring of Taxonomy Revision Data
- Support for Metadata revisioning (Custom fields, Post thumbnail, etc)
- Delete all revisions from Admin UI (Or potentially, cleanup so theres only 5 revisions for each post for example)
This seems like a small list, but for a small plugin, its actually a rather large ammount of work to get through.. If you feel like testing it out, Please do, You can download it from here: http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/revision-control.zip
Some of those 2.1 features may be in 2.0, It depends on how much time i have amongst other things in life, and how much testing is required.
Translators: Sorry, But i dont have a list of your email addresses to contact you directly.. I’ll be setting up a GlotPress installation for this sort of thing i think :) Feel free to take the langs provided and update them.. I may remove the old ones entirely shortly..
To those of you using some of my other plugins which have been lacking in updates, Most will be recieving a rewrite this year, hopefully in the coming months – But i do not have the time to give any definites here, Some will not be touched. Add From Server is the next on the list however!