EDIT:Â A number of bugs were present in 0.1 as expected, a Beta of 0.2 is now available, If the plugin doesnt work for you, try this beta version: Â http://dd32.id.au/files/ddeviantart-0.2.zip
I’m proud to present to you, dDeviantArt 0.1.
dDeviantArtÂ isÂ aÂ WordPressÂ pluginÂ designedÂ toÂ integrateÂ yourÂ DeviationsÂ fromÂ DeviantArt.comÂ intoÂ yourÂ WordPressÂ blog.
The main features are:
- Â The ability to have Multiple Widgets predefined, This allows you to quickly switch between the Deviation set your displaying (Or to display multiple Widgets at once)
- In-line Deviations, You can post deviations inside your Blog post by simply including the :thumb: string which is located on all Deviation pages
- Portfolio Pages, You can define an unlimited number of “Portfolio Pages”, These pages allow you to show off upto 24 of your Deviations on a single page.
The plugin allows you to either set a RSS feed of the Deviations you want to display, Or allows you to set the Search Criteria when defining a page/widget, This allows anyone to quickly set up the item to display as they please.
More information(AndÂ Demos) will be available on the Plugin Homepage, You can download the plugin directly from here.
AllÂ commentsÂ areÂ welcome,Â FeatureÂ requests,Â BugÂ reports,Â etc,Â mayÂ beÂ submittedÂ viaÂ myÂ ContactÂ page.Â Â This is my first Released Plugin, So hopefully you’ll like it.
DownloadÂ LinkÂ WordPress Plugin competition DeviantArt News
I’ve not been doing much 3D stuff lately, or photos, but i’ve been programming a lot and am getting near the release of a plugin to integrate DeviantArt into your blog.
YouÂ canÂ seeÂ itÂ inÂ actionÂ inÂ theÂ sidebarÂ andÂ theÂ PhotographyÂ page.
ContactÂ meÂ ifÂ yourÂ interestedÂ inÂ betaÂ testingÂ it.
Whats been acomplished this week.
- Integrated the Plugin Search page with the Plugin Installation pages
- Added a few filters/actions here and there
- Plugin installation page checks requirements before installing plugins(If requirements are available from wordpress.org)
- Started the ball rolling for the wordpress.org integration server side.
- A Few misc. other things.
Plans for Next Week
- Improve Plugin Installation methods
- Improve FS options (And the Options page for it)
Problems Encountered so far (And useful resources)
- #4639 cameÂ intoÂ playÂ thisÂ week, in short, the “admin_print_scripts-plugin_folder/plugin.php” doesnt fire if the plugin is in a subdirectory.. Was found as the issue while looking into westi’s comment here:Â gsoc-week-5-status-report#comment-52
This week was a rather slow week development wise, and this blog entry is running late too, Hopefully next week there’ll be more to report on.