WordPress.org Plugin Page: Add From Server
The heart of a CMS is the ability to upload and insert content, WordPress does a fantastic job at this, unfortunately, some web hosts have limited servers, or users simply do not have the ability to upload large files through their web browser. Add From Server is designed to help ease this pain, You can upload a bunch of files via FTP (Or your favourite transmission method) and simply import those files from the webserver directly into WordPress.
The import manager, This allows you to select which files to import. Note that files which cannot be imported are Red.
The Options panel, This allows you to specify what users can access Add From Server, and which folders users can import files from.
- PHP 5.4 compatibility
- Special characters in URL fixes
- Japanese Translations from Naoko Takano ( http://en.naoko.cc/ )
- Fix: Translations not loaded early enough for menu items.
- Fix: Incorrect GUID on imported items in subdir of uploads folder
- Fix: Not all items would correctly trigger the already-imported error
- For Pre-3.2 changelog, Please see http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/add-from-server/tags/2.3/readme.txt
- Cleanup, Now requires WordPress 3.2+
- Now has an options panel to control who is allowed to import files
- Now has the option to specify what the base directory is for file imports (ie. allows you to prevent users access to non-public directories)
- Versioning changes - This plugin will from now use the earliest version of WordPress it supports. 3.2 requires 3.2, 184.108.40.206 is a point release which requires 3.2. 3.3.4 will require WP 3.3.4 etc. May seem a little weird, but you'll get used to it, bigger numbers are still better :)