WordPress.org Plugin Page: Add From Server
** Support for this plugin is NOT offered, This plugin still however works. Please don’t expect support requests to be answered, or “This doesn’t work” reviews to be responded to. **
Please Note: This plugin is not designed to replace the media uploader. This plugin is not designed to be used for migration of sites. This plugin is not designed to re-import your media upload history. This plugin is not designed to Batch import your media. Etc. This plugin is 8 years old and designed for importing singular large files which could not be uploaded through the administration interface.
The heart of a CMS is the ability to upload and insert content, WordPress does a fantastic job at this, unfortunately, some web hosts have limited servers, or users simply do not have the ability to upload large files through their web browser.
Add From Server is designed to help ease this pain, You can upload a bunch of files via FTP (Or your favourite transmission method) and simply import those files from the webserver directly into WordPress.
The import manager, This allows you to select which files to import. Note that files which cannot be imported are Red.
The Options panel, This allows you to specify what users can access Add From Server, and which folders users can import files from.
- Fixes some scenario’s where the translation warning sticks around for translated (and other english locales)
- Fixes a PHP Warning
- Support per-user locales
- Bumps required version of WordPress to 4.5+
- Security Fix: Fixes a CSRF vulnerability which could be used to trick a user into importing a large file to their site. Props to Edwin Molenaar (https://www.linkedin.com/in/edwinmolenaar)
- Fix a typo that caused subsequent plugin activations to fail if the server doesn’t meet the Add From Server requirements
- Fix a path mismatch on certain windows configurations (No longer need to specify uppercase disk markers)
- Import Audio metadata and store image/audio metadata in the same manner as core.
- Fix plugin activation
- The plugin now requires WordPress 4.0 and PHP 5.4 as a minumum requirement.
- Updated to use WordPress.org translation system, please submit translations through https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/add-from-server/stable
- Updated to WordPress 4.3 styles