The time has come for a Beta release of Revision Control 2.0. Would also like to announce that I’ve Cracked the 20k downloads on a plugin! currently its standing at 437,302.
Download 2.0-beta Now. Download POT file for Translations
Things to note of this release:
- Fully rewritten from scratch
- Better support for multiple post types
- 100% api usage, less chance of breaking something
- Revisioning of Categories and Tags (Well, Any taxonomy really!) – One limitation, It doesn’t restore this, thats for the next Revision :)
- WordPress 2.9+ only.
Compatibility with older releases: I’ve not 100% tested backwards compatibility, That will come this next week, For new users, you’ll have no problems, for existing users, you should be warned that your settings may not be remembered, more testing needs to happen to verify that it works in 100% of cases.
If you’d like to submit a Translation of this plugin, or encounter a bug just send it along to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all,
EDIT: Release Date: 24th Jan 2010 – approximately.
EDIT2: Updated the POT and .zip locations, There were a few translation issues.
Revision Control 2.0 is nearly here.
A quick list of changes:
- Fully rewritten from scratch, Will require WordPress 2.9+
- Better support for custom post types (Will make much more sense with 3.0!)
- Support for Revisioning of Taxonomy data ( Doesnt restore at present, Mearly revisions it)
- Many small bugs removed from previous versions
Features in the pipeline (2.1?)
- Restoring of Taxonomy Revision Data
- Support for Metadata revisioning (Custom fields, Post thumbnail, etc)
- Delete all revisions from Admin UI (Or potentially, cleanup so theres only 5 revisions for each post for example)
This seems like a small list, but for a small plugin, its actually a rather large ammount of work to get through.. If you feel like testing it out, Please do, You can download it from here: http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/revision-control.zip
Some of those 2.1 features may be in 2.0, It depends on how much time i have amongst other things in life, and how much testing is required.
Translators: Sorry, But i dont have a list of your email addresses to contact you directly.. I’ll be setting up a GlotPress installation for this sort of thing i think :) Feel free to take the langs provided and update them.. I may remove the old ones entirely shortly..
To those of you using some of my other plugins which have been lacking in updates, Most will be recieving a rewrite this year, hopefully in the coming months – But i do not have the time to give any definites here, Some will not be touched. Add From Server is the next on the list however!